Introduction and Background
Serve with Love Loyola C.B.O is registered with the government of Kenya under the Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Services in Kisii County, Kenya. SWLL CBO carries out the commitment of its founder to empower with Love the poor and vulnerable in community.
Hesborn Birisi the Co-founder and Director of SWLL CBO is a seasoned Financial Specialist, Lecturer and Mentor
We are inspired by the spirituality of St. Ignatius Loyola and the Gospel of Jesus Christ to Love and Serve humanity. We believe in “Doing small things with Great Love”.
SWLL aims to empower communities with knowledge and skills that will enable them develop their own sustainable future. We serve orphans and the vulnerable in society. Our purpose is to help empower them with knowledge so that they can realize their potential and how they can change their lives. We are dedicated to promote human development by responding with Love to the needs of the most vulnerable children, youth and women, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. We advocate for equal accessibility to education, food security, health, governance and environmental conservation.
“An enabling environment for the realization, respect, and protection of fundamental human rights among youth and develop their leadership qualities to make them active contributor within the society”
The mission of Serve With Love Loyola CBO is to contribute to the education of young people, through a value system based, to help build a better world where people are self-fulfilled as individuals and play a constructive role in society
The goal of Serve With Love Loyola CBO is to contribute in improving the living standard of the vulnerable communities of Kisii Region through community mobilization, capacity building, advocacy & strengthening of institutions at the grass root level.
A sustainable strategy is devised to achieve the maximum, a need based and right based approach initiated ascertains the problem with fully community involvement and mobilizing all indigenous and local resources. The program goal are materialized with a helping hand from members donor agencies, Philanthropists .
Thematic Programme / Areas of Focus
• Education: Mentorship,Knowledge Empowerment
• Health: Girl Child, Anti FGM Campaign and Anti Menstrual Stigma Campaign
• Food Security:Agri Business Skills and new methods
• Governance and Leadership: Advocating for good governance and training youths to prepare then to take leadership positions.
• Environment: Sensitizations on protection and conservation
Our Specific Objectives Includes:
1) To promote social economic empowerment of vulnerable children, youth and the marginalized communities for self-sustainability.
2) To sensitize and empower communities in initiating entrepreneurial activities for self-reliance.
3) To equip and build capacity among learning institutions towards offering quality education.
4) To collaborate and coordinate with the government, religious organisations and other stakeholders towards Education and Economic empowerment.
5) To establish a resource Centre and educational/information Centre for children living within the Community.
6) To partner and network with other like-minded organizations, individuals and state organs to create conducive environment for the vulnerable members of the society.
Our Core Values:
• Capacity Building
• Gender equity
• Collaboration and Partnership
• Transparency and Accountability
• Holistic Approach
• Professional competence
• Non Political